Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend of Wonders

I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. Psalm 9:1

It’s been a long working weekend full of wonders. First, a collection of mostly, healthy patients filled the appointment slots—woo hoo! A lovely, very mellow, gray cat, who was almost wearing his soft carrier rather than being carried in it. “Chunky” a wagging-tailed yellow Lab who was, in fact, chunky. Squirmy little “Lino” glared at me with suspicion but allowed a physical and vaccinations. I loved this guy: “Mikey” who had been neutered the previous day and needed to be examined in order to go home. All he wanted to do was play and chew my stethoscope! “Well, you’re obviously good to go”, I told him. Finally, late that evening, tired and hungry, I stepped outside to find it had snowed all day. One of the kennel staff had not only shoveled the parking lot but cleaned off my car for me. How cool is that?! 

After dinner, I felt peace wash over me as I worked on a drawing of a fat-tailed gecko. No I am not making this up. I remember holding it in my hands at a ‘kids and critters’ demonstration in September. (I, of course, was in line with all the kids to touch or hold all the critters). I marveled at how soft it was and how delicate were its tiny fingers. My husband and I had watched a little girl near us, watching the creature with rapt fascination in her eyes. The joy in her face was a pleasure to see. Surely we are all “fearfully and wonderfully made” from the least of God’s creatures to the most majestic. For me, to care for them and see that love in others is to feel God’s presence. Therefore, tired or not:

I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:2

No comments:

Post a Comment