Monday, January 3, 2011

Grounded in the Floods

So often I find myself dwelling on the negative; praying for dear friends or family that are going through this or that struggle. Or I’m feeling overwhelmed and asking for strength to get past yet another ordeal at work. The floods are coming and chunks of my world are floating downstream!

But a recent conversation with my sister just lifted me up. A busy mother of two, she battles proverbial floods every day. She said this year she has “resolved to be happy in my own skin”. No longer obsessing and stressing about what should be, but accepting what is and going forward from there.

There is the presence of God. I hear him in her voice telling me to accept each circumstance as his will for me. To keep turning my mind back to him instead of letting frustration rise and overtake my peace. To remember that my foundation is sunk deep in the rock of Jesus, therefore I will stand.  

I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice.
48 He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. Luke 6:47,48

Lord Jesus, thank you for my sister and all the people you send to bless and lift me up. Keep me grounded in you today and let me be a blessing to someone, too. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment